With lingering suggestions of the mass media that a pretty woman/man is this and this and that, it is no wonder why the generation has regressed into a self-absorbed, "the ends justifies the means" kind of people. So what's a pretty face for if behind it are merely things like deceit, sexual immorality and habitual philandering? After all, once you're through with one pretty face, it's about time you move on for the next pretty face, is it?

What ever happened to happily ever after? In happiness in sadness, in wealth and in poverty and the rest of those?

If there's nothing left to hold on to, must we join them since we couldn't stay better than the rest? Why are we looking for partners we look forward to cherish for the rest of our lives, despite realising that it's literally temporary..maybe lasting no more than 5, 10 years - at best? I'm getting old, no doubt, I'm still deciding on whether to stay my course or join them.

I'm slowly bleeding, oozing love out each time I reach dead ends or found myself fighting a losing battle. In the end, there will only be me, for if I do not care to love myself and keep myself "safe and warm", each neutrino that passes through me is accelerating my demise. Perhaps not the literal demise, but the demise of my morality and spirits of chivalry. You may berate me as a dying breed. I suppose I am old-fashioned. I must have reinvented an unwanted novelty within myself.

A good night, a good morning, a new dawn sparks a new glitter of hope over the horizon, I just hope it's not a mirage.

0 comments:

Liverpool FC News

Stats & Tools


Visits stats